Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Expert - Demand Planning
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check accuracy of statistical forecasting and/or create baseline based on historical data.
- Liaise with country organizations to obtain enrichments, evaluate and incorporate changes into demand plans and document reasons for change.
- Regularly analyze KPI’s (e.g. forecast accuracy) and propose actions to improve performance in collaboration with regional demand planning.
- Ensure that an up-to-date 36-month forecast is maintained in related systems (e.g. APO) based on latest business insights.
- Closely monitor supply issues (e.g. stock outs and bottlenecks) in collaboration with supply coordination and identify impact on demand.
- Prepare and support S&OP meetings in line with global schedule, including but not limited to preparation of reports, analysis of issues and risks, as well as coordination of action items.
- Partner with supply coordination and country organizations to monitor shelf life and obsolescence and provide recommendations to avoid write-offs.
- Responsible for one division or business unit of a country / country cluster
- Support and live a LEAN and innovative way of working/culture through individual performance, sharing best practices across teams & SSOs.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree in a supply chain management discipline related area
- 3 to 5 years related experience in supply chain management
- Must be a self-starter, with good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Strong SAP knowledge, especially APO
- Knowledge in MS Office
- Digital mindset and knowledge in emerging digital technologies (e.g. RPA, Blockchain, AI, IoT etc.)
- Experience in operational excellence
- Highly motivated, structured and able to handle stressful situations
- Strong in trouble shooting, problem solving and high degree of proactivity
- Results oriented
- Proficient in oral and written English; multiple languages an advantage
- Strong team player
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a multicultural environment
Reference Code: 248018
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management