Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Associate - Financial Accounting and Tax (Asset Management)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 . Records, verifies and executes transactions with a certain level of complexity according to process documentation.
A. Asset Management
- Asset Accounting Master Data Creation, Asset Master Data Maintenance and Monitoring of existing projects
- Asset Transfer, Disposal, Change and Sale. (Asset Lifecycle Change Management)
- AM - 60 Manage Fixed Asset Leases (IFRS16)
- Manage Physical Inventory (Physical Inventory Count Tool)
B. General Ledger
- WPA Standard Postings related to Asset Management
- Account monitoring, reconciliation & clearing (all FA - AM assigned accounts)
- IFRS 16 Dummy Account Monitoring and Clearing
- Perform monthly Asset Accounting Depreciation posting and closing activities.
- Reporting Checks (Diagnosis Check and Closing Check)
- Prepare ATN and adjustment in support for reporting activities.
2. Updates and creates Supporting Documentation
3. Ensures timely and accurate performance of ICS controls
- Check pending WPA Approval (ACAP)
- Identify/clarify all pending requests for the current closing period
- Monitoring of accounts (Plausibility Check)
- Check newly created Purchase orders
- Check WBS/Internal Orders marked as ready were posted.
- Check ALCM postings
- Check newly created assets for Correctness
- Check and activate pending SLAN request (by Accounting)
- Check PO w/o lease flag with range 665*
- Check PO with lease flag
- Check lease-flagged PO with empty CLMS No.
4. Back-up of Associates and other Senior Associates
5. Participates in meetings and telcos relevant to the role
6. Contributes to process improvements and documentation
7. Performs other tasks as required by the role
WHO YOU ARE:
- Preferably with 1-2 years of experience in Audit and/or Financial Accounting specially in the area of Asset management. CPA is an advantage.
- General understanding of technical accounting and financial reporting in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of the relevant IT systems (e.g., SAP)
- Knowledgeable in Excel, Power Point and SharePoint. Experience in Excel macros or VBA would be a plus.
- Fluent in English and with strong communication/presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work under pressure with high flexibility in changing and complex environments
Reference Code: 499821
Functional Area: Accounting