Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Seedling Nursery Technician
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive HSE excellence in Seedling Nursery in territory.
- Prepare and sanitize available capacity of nurseries before crop start to produce seedling and grafting of crops that seedling of the planned orders are produced and delivered meeting the quantity, quality with company standards and at the timeliness.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports and update real-time to support field production to do business decision making.
- Organize, Direct and Control all workers to be trained and have sufficient experience to conduct producing seedling and familiar with company electronically systems. monitors, supervise them to work properly.
- Support seedling nursery budget preparing, considering the existent and future projects, and performance of the current resources, besides fulfilling a follow-up in order to maintain the estimated aims.
- Farm Input preparation: plans and determine the Chemical, Fertilizer, and Material (CFM) usage for each crop.
- Determine terms of contracting, reviews and negotiates truck vendors, and provide training based on company standard requirements.
- Discuss with Seedling Nursery Supervisor/manager to get assignment seedling production and grafting.
- Recruit and ensure enough number of seasonal workers to produce seedling and grafting to deliver meeting the quantity, quality with company standards and at the timeliness.
- Monitors, being proactive and adjusted seedling production processes depending on location current circumstance and situation. Immediately implement necessary corrective ways to improve process for achieving seedlings quantity and quality as per plans and targets. Such as following up the numbers of seedling, surviving seedling, diseases and pesticides to use, and fertilizer programs, etc.
- Follow seedling quality and standard in every crops.
- Join with nursery team meeting and/or field production team meeting to promote seedling nursery update and delivery plan smoothly.
- Monitors and controls seed processing to ensure purity of stock seed. Solve and adjust the seedling process to ensure correctly seedling.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with QA team for QA processes and officers to inspect.
- To do seed sanitation and seed drying as WI and company procedure without any seed mixing or mistake
- All seed batched register and report timely to related person to acknowledge
- Organize, Direct and Control all workers to be trained and have sufficient experience to do wet seed treatment and seed drying and include monitors, supervise them to work properly.
WHO YOU ARE
- 0-2 years’ work experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree or higher in Horticulture, or other related./ E
- Very good English communication (written and spoken)
- Results orientation and leadership
- Collaboration and implementation of best practices, knowledge sharing
- Develops and builds effective teams and empowers them to be their best versions.
- Being able to drive across provinces
- Good computer skill especially MS Excel & Word
- Seedling production experience is preferred
Reference Code: 275965
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing