Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Regional Buyer APAC Indirect (Environmental Science)
The Regional Buyer APAC Indirect (Environmental Science) manages Regional Supplier relationships in the area of Indirect’s as delegated by Category Managers, as well as act as the main contact for local/regional budget owners.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates statements of work based upon global frame contracts and in dialog with local stakeholder.
- Drives local RFQ process and negotiates local frame contracts on behalf of Category Managers as delegated.
- Responsible for implementation of global category strategy at local level (use of preferred suppliers and frame contracts, use of sourcing approach per category strategy)
- Provides country-specific market intelligence to mitigate supply risk, gain competitive advantage and make better business decisions
- Maintains pricing/price agreements in ERP system.
- Takes care of supply issues and delays in case of escalation needed
- Educates stakeholders, local budget owners about procurement compliance and procurement directive considering self procurement guideline and/or usage of P-Card
- Supports Vendor Master Data creation process and accuracy & completeness of vendor master data as well as Efficient E2End Process Implementation
- Focus on regional/local stakeholder engagement to understand future business needs.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 3-5 years procurement experience in Sourcing of Indirects.
- Fully proficient in English, Chinese/Japanese is an asset
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- ERP system knowledge, ideally in D365
- Ability/experience to work in a global procurement network
- Demonstration of collaboration, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to Drive Innovation, continuous improvement and implement sustainability targets with suppliers
Reference Code: 530848
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management