Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Regional Buyer APAC Direct (Environmental Science)
The Regional Buyer APAC Direct (Environmental Science) manages Regional Supplier relationships in the area of Directs as delegated by Category Managers, as well as act as the main contact for local/regional budget owners.
- Creates statements of work based upon global frame contracts and in dialog with local stakeholder.
- Drives local RFQ process and negotiates local frame contracts on behalf of Category Managers as delegated.
- Responsible for implementation of global category strategy at local level (use of preferred suppliers and frame contracts, use of sourcing approach per category strategy)
- Provides country-specific market intelligence to mitigate supply risk, gain competitive advantage and make better business decisions
- Maintains pricing/price agreements in ERP system.
- Responsible for supplier management as per supplier segmentation and delegation by category lead.
- Takes care of supply issues and delays in case of escalation needed
- Educates stakeholders, local budget owners about procurement compliance and procurement directive.
- Supports Vendor Master Data creation process and accuracy & completeness of vendor master data as well as Efficient E2End Process Implementation
- Focus on regional stakeholder engagement to understand future business needs.
- 3-5 years procurement experience in Sourcing of Directs in the agro-chemical industry.
- Fully proficient in English, Japanese an asset.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Ability/experience to work in a global procurement network
- Demonstration of collaboration, planning and organizational skills
- ERP system knowledge, ideally in D365
- Ability to Drive Innovation, continuous improvement and implement sustainability targets with suppliers.
Reference Code: 530861
Functional Area: Supply Chain Management