Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
The role of the R&D Specialist is part of the Technical Crop Analytics Lab staff and provides technical expertise and execute laboratory analyses according to define standards, protocols, quality management systems (QMS) and lab procedures, with the purpose to contribute to developing and bringing new products to the market and in support of further bussiness growth and regional expansion. Crop Analytics Lab is specialized in the development and application of molecular methodologies and technologies for plant and seed analysis, for molecular breeding and for quality assuarance, and provide technical and scientific expertiese to all R&D functional units and market areas, throughout crop science organization applying global standard procedures and infrastructure and ensuring appropriate technology innovation.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes various lab analyses, including high-throughput routine seed quality testing (eg. genetic purity testing) with proper recording of data under supervision.
- Reports results to supervisor
- Ensure timely data reporting as per defined TAT by Product Supply Service Level Agreement
- Responsible for general lab equipment maintenance and lab areas, support in inventory management for overall operation effectiveness
- Ensures compliance with all existing Safety, BioSafety, QMS and Stewardship standards
- Exhibit quality culture in all lab operations
WHO YOU ARE:
- Graduate Degree with a Bachelors in Science,Technical or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of technical aspects of laboratory procedures
- Self-organization, planning, reporting and communication skills
- Computer skills: MS Office
- Software skills: Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS), Lab Vantage, lab data analysis software
- Able to work under time pressure, sense of urgency and accuracy
- Teamwork player
- Open to start with 2 year contract and to be renewable yearly
- Languages: English
Reference Code: 297453
Functional Area: Biotechnology R&D