Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Procure to Pay - Procurement Operations & Accounts Payable Team Lead
The Team Lead is responsible for providing high quality, accurate and timely Source-to-Pay (Procurement Operations and Accounts payable) process related transactions. Leads a team of associates and process experts and ensures the team’s all-time required performance measured with defined KPIs.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of Source-to-Pay (Procurement Operations and Accounts payable) transactions by leading, managing, and motivating a team of Associates and Process Experts
- Provide high-quality process performance
- Ensure a cross-trained and multi-skilled, proactive team
- Manage the continuous improvement of the team and individual performance
- Follow-up and resolve issues and queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain good communication lines with internal business partners
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Review and update process documentation based on the current procedure
- Identify and contribute to process improvements
- Discuss best practices among the team and streamline activities by leveraging with other S2P Teams.
- Collaborate and share best practices with other S2P Teams in different SSO’s
- Ensure that all process changes are communicated and implemented timely.
- Review and report team performance results.
- Assist in measuring performance against Service Level Agreements
- Lead a team of at least twelve (12) accountants to achieve the tasks of the position, to contribute to people development for his team and the related performance management
- Ensure that all internal controls are carried out timely and accurately to prevent any errors and duplicate or wrong payments.
- Ensure that all activities related to Audit are performed timely and accurately
- Perform Management Assessment
- Review and respond to all internal and external audit requirements, issues or findings
- Perform all audit requirements, review findings/observations and prepare recommend actions/response to the Operations Manager and Service Delivery Manager
- Strictly implement and monitor corrective actions approved by SDM and OM
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain, Economics, or relevant field (Certified Public Accountant is an advantage)
- Several years of experience in Accounting (preferably Accounts Payable) / Procurement operations
- Profound technical knowledge of General Accounting and International Accounting Standards
- Captive / BPO market experience an advantage
- Sound SAP understanding
- Proficient in MS Office
- English: fluent in speech and writing; any other language is beneficial
- Ability to lead teleconferences in an international context.
- Ability to communicate appropriately depending on the situation to all stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ability to drive innovation and process improvements. (Lean Six Sigma certification is an advantage)
- Leadership experience
- Ability to operate in a highly intercultural environment.
- Experience in international projects or teams
Reference Code: 429320
Functional Area: Accounting