Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create master plan of pre-foundation seed multiplication, pre-commercial hybrid seed production and grow out test programs based on hybrid pipeline advancement, parent seed production plan and timeline of seed requirements.
- Plan and provide farm inputs and facilities to support all programs of seed multiplication, production and testing.
- Manage and lead team for grower and area selection to support pre-commercial hybrid seed production and grow out test program as planned.
- Set up and monitor activity plan to cover in-season activities to support seed multiplication, seed production and testing as planned.
- Manage and monitor pre-foundation crop, pre-commercial hybrid crop and grow out test fields to meet with process, quality standards, quantity of target seed, requirements, and timeline.
- Supervise and manage team for crop management, seed multiplication, production practices, hand pollination and field quality control to comply with standards and requirements.
- Ensure the phenotype characters and data capturing in system (FTS, SAP, and Velocity) is completed and aligned with process and requirements.
- Lead team and find the best solution for problem solving, process improvement projects support all programs of seed multiplication, seed production and testing.
- Coordinate with internal and external functions for information, communication, solutions, best practices, and optimization sharing and coordinating.
- Set up, manage, monitor, and control production cost to align with the budget.
- Develop and manage manpower plan support all programs of seed multiplication, seed production and testing.
- Ensure team has well understanding and strictly comply with germplasm security and information security.
- Coordinate with government officers and other related departments including cooperatives that related all activities of seed production and testing.
- Be a role model for safety, quality and company rules and regulations.
- Ensure all activities comply with policies and requirements of quality, safety, and environment systems.
WHO YOU ARE
- Master’s degree in agriculture
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in breeding or seed production
- Corn physiology and Corn breeding
- Corn parent seed production
- English communicational skills
- Experiment design and data analysis
Reference Code: 508865
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing