Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive local implementation of state-of-the-art lab automation infrastructure, i.e. equipment and procedures
- Ensure continuity in automated platform operations; intervene as expert support upon platform failure.
- Establish documentation on the correct use of lab automation tools and equipment, i.e. standard operating procedures, troubleshooting manuals and risk breakdown structures
- Evaluates potential of new techniques and equipment. Critically analyses the various alternatives and give recommendations on Capex investment needs
- Responsible for complex maintenance, calibration procedures, potentially involving external contractors
- Executes various lab analyses, including high-throughput routine seed quality testing (eg. genetic purity testing) with proper recording of data independently
- Ensure timely data reporting as per defined TAT by Product Supply Service Level Agreement
- Drive improvements in operational effectiveness- cost reduction, reliability, traceability or safety
- Ensures compliance with all existing Safety, BioSafety, QMS and Stewardship standards
- Promote quality culture in all lab operations
WHO YOU ARE:
- Engineering graduate in automation control or equivalent through experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of technical aspects of laboratory automation procedures
- Self-organization, planning, reporting and communication skills
- Computer skills: MS Office, Visual basic, scripting and data analysis and programming software related to automation.
- Software skills: Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS), Lab Vantage,lab data analysis software
- Able to work under time pressure, sense of urgency and accuracy
- Teamwork player
- Languages: English
Reference Code: 299781
Functional Area: Biotechnology R&D